- Name - Name of the option.
- Dues Schedule - Parent dues schedule.
- Default - Flag setting the default option. This is key since the default option is the one used to generate the dues items/orders when dues are generated.
- Publish to Portal - This flag determines if the option is presented to the member when they use the online dues renewal wizard.
- Duration Type - This can either be dated or termed. Dated indicates that the expiration is fixed (e.g. December 31st of each year). Termed indicates that the expiration date will be set X years/months/weeks/days from the current expiration date of the membership.
- Description - The text entered here is displayed under the name on the portal if there is more than one option to select. This allows you to explain the options to the members.
- Eligibility Begin Date - This field determines the begin date for when this dues option will be available.
- Eligibility End Date - This field determines the end date for when this dues option will be available.
- Split Option - This field indicates how the system breaks apart and charges the OPTIONAL products when using a payment plan.
- Begin Date - The date the schedule will begin.
- End Date - The date the schedule will end.
- Term & Term Units - These 2 fields must be filled out if the duration type is termed. The combination of these fields determines the variable expiration date. If you want the membership to be 12 months, you would enter 12 for term and select Months for term unit. Note that the options for term unit are Years, Months, Weeks and Days.
When you create a new schedule, you will be prompted to update the duration set on the parent dues cycle. In most cases, you should click the OK button and the duration will be filled with the duration from the cycle.