How to Run New Member Notification E-mail Workflow After Application is Submitted and Dues are Paid
Clients with multiple steps in the membership application process may wish to send e-mails with instructions or other information as one or more steps are completed. For example, if you want new members to attend an orientation class as part of their membership requirement but only after their dues order has been paid, you need to set the workflow to run from the Membership Requirements Menu.
To Create the Workflow (First Page)
1. Go to SETTINGS---PROCESSES
2. Select NEW from the ribbon tool bar.
3. Create your Process Name (Can be anything related to your desired process, our example is New Member E-mail Test 123)
4. Select your Entity from the Drop Down Menu to be MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION REQUIREMENT.
5. Select your category to be Workflow.
6. Start a NEW BLANK PROCESS,
7. Select OK when you have finished this screen, make sure everything is correct because you cannot change the entity or category in the next screen.
TO CREATE THE WORKFLOW (Next Page)
1. Activate As PROCESS
2. In Available to Run select AS AN ON-DEMAND PROCESS
3. Under Options for Automatic Process Set Scope as ORGANIZATION
4. And select RECORD FIELDS CHANGE and click on the SELECT BUTTON
5. In the Select Fields Pop Up check Display Name: STATUS REASON; Name: status code; Type: Status Reason
ADD STEPS TO THE WORKFLOW
1. Select Add Step and CHECK CONDITION
2. Click on the link to Configure
3. In the box you should be able to select MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION REQUIREMENT
4. In the box that appears to the right select NAME
5. In the box that appears to the right select Equals
6. In the box that appears to the right type the name of the field you wish to trigger the notification. Our example uses "Order Paid" (Check your membership requirements page to make sure you have the correct field in this box).
7. On the 2nd line select MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION REQUIREMENT
8. In the box that appears to the right select STATUS REASON
9. In the box that appears to the right select Equals
10. Double click the box that appears to the right.
11. Select the Available value you desire (we are using Completed), click the top arrow between the boxes. Your desired value should move to Selected Values. Click OK
When everything looks complete select SAVE AND CLOSE at the top of the page.
FINISHING YOUR WORKFLOW
1. Select Add Step--SEND E-MAIL
2. If you need to create a message from scratch select Create New Message and Set Properties (setting up the e-mail properties is covered elsewhere) but if your organization has a template for the message you are sending you may select USE TEMPLATE, and use the menu options to import your template.
This will set up your e-mail to go out to a member based on their completion of a membership application requirement, in this example the requirement of Dues Order Paid. You may select other tasks for the workflow after the e-mail as your organization requires.
Once you activate the workflow an e-mail will be sent to the new member once they have paid dues or completed any other membership requirement you select. The workflow can also be run manually from the Membership Application Requirement Page by selecting Run Workflow in the ribbon tool bar.