Many organizations have workflows with e-mails or that make updates to record that sometimes need to be changed. Microsoft CRM does not allow you to make changes to a workflow you don't own. However, that doesn't mean you can't update the workflow, you will simply need to reassign ownership to yourself before doing so.
REASSIGN OWNERSHIP FROM THE PROCESS LIST
You can select more than one workflow or a single workflow with this method.
*Important to note if selecting multiple workflows, reassignment deactivates a workflow so if you are reassigning more than one make sure to activate any that need to be active even if you don't get to editing right away.
1. Navigate to Settings > Processes
2. Make sure the view is set to All Processes (your default may be My Processes and you won't see the other workflows there).
3. Select the workflow(s) you wish to reassign.
4. Click on the Reassign button in the view toolbar
5. Select Assign to Me to assign to yourself or you can reassign the workflow to another user (*if you want the process active make sure they know to activate it since this process automatically deactivates the workflow).
6. Once the workflow is reassigned the new owner can deactivate, activate, and make updates as needed.
REASSIGN OWNERSHIP FROM THE WORKFLOW (PROCESS) RECORD
If you are looking at a workflow and realize a change needs to be made you can reassign it to yourself or someone else from within the process record.
1. Select the Actions Drop Down in the top toolbar and select Assign