Navigate to Sales & Accounting > Select Coupons > Click +New
Complete all required fields and any additional ones you want.
- Name - Name of the Coupon Record (for internal use
- Coupon Code - The code that end users will enter on the Portal to redeem the coupon.
- Type - Defines the coupon logic:
- Order - Percentage - A percent of the entire order will be deducted from the order.
- Product (Single) - Dollar Amount - A flat amount of the price for a single product will deducted from the order. Only one instance of the product will be discounted.
- Product (Single) - Percentage - A percent of the price for a single product will be deducted from the order. Only one instance of the product will be discounted.
- Product (All) - Dollar Amount - A flat amount of the price for a single product will deducted from the order. All instances of the product will be discounted.
- Product (All) - Percentage - A percent of the price for a single product will be deducted from the order.All instances of the product will be discounted.
Note: If any of the Product options are selected for Type, the coupon only applies to one product. If Product (Single) is selected, that means if a user puts 5 of the same product on the order s/he will receive a discount for one of those 5. If Product (All) is selected, that means s/he will receive a discount all 5.
- Amount - If the coupon type is a Dollar Amount, this field must be populated. (will show if you select an amount type)
- Percentage - If the coupon type is a Percentage, this field must be populated with a number between 0 and 1. (For example, 10% should be entered as .1) (will show if you select percentage type)
- Product - The product to which this coupon applies, if any of the Product Types are selected. (should appear when required)
- Expiration Date - The expiration date of the coupon. The coupon will expire at 12:00 am on this date.
- Combinable - Determines whether this coupon can be combined with other coupons.
- Number of Uses - The number of times the coupon can be redeemed.
Apply A Coupon in the Payment Wizard
Any wizard that accepts payment will allow you to enter the coupon code on the first order summary page before you submit payment or checkout. Enter a valid code and the order will update before customers proceed to the payment screen. This is on both the portal and in CRM wizards. ***This is not available for an order that was previously created and the person is simply paying for an existing order. The coupon must be added at the time the order is first processed. If the customer failed to do so you can still apply the coupon on the back end using the steps below.
Apply a Coupon To an Order from the Coupon Record
Navigate to the Coupon record and click Coupon Redemptions (in navigation or subgrid)
Fill in the required fields and click Save and Close.
For the Sales Order field, select the order to which you wish to apply the coupon to. The coupon field should be automatically populated.
Apply a Coupon To an Order from the Order Record
Open the order and navigate to Coupon Redemptions
Fill in the required fields just as you would in the example above only this time you must fill in the name of the coupon you want to apply to the order.
When a Coupon is Applied
A coupon can be applied to an order manually through CRM or automatically when triggered by a process on the portal.
A coupon redemption record exists tied to the coupon and the order.
The order products tied to the order have manual discounts and extended amounts that reflect the coupon discount.
The Total Amount field on the order reflects the sum of the extended amounts from the order products.