The core of the RAMCO system is the membership module. This module allows you to accept new members and charge existing members dues. Before you can take advantage of either of those pieces of functionality, you must setup the necessary system data in CRM. This article will provide the instructions necessary to complete that setup.
The member type entity is the starting point for membership setup. For more details on the Contact entity including field descriptions, click here.
RAMCO comes preloaded with the 6 standard NAR/NRDS member types. These types are:
- REALTOR® Associate
- Institutional Affiliate
Membership Application Fees
Note - If you are setting expiration dates or end dates in RAMCO, remember that the date represents midnight of the day selected. If you want your memberships to expire at the end of the year/month, set the date field to the first day of the following year/month (e.g. 01/01/2013 not 12/31/2012).
Membership Application Fee Query
- Click the View Query button in the Membership Application fee ribbon.
- The Advanced Find window will launch the query. From this window, you can add criteria starting from the contact record to limit which contacts the fee applies to. Since this query is related to contacts, most associations typically have 1 application fee per member type OR they setup multiple application fees that everyone can view/select.
- Click Save and then click to close the query window.
Membership Requirement Query
- Click the View Query button in the Membership Query ribbon.
- If you have selected Query for the mode the standard Advanced Find window will open. If you select Command Text for the mode, the command text window will open.
- Once you have defined your query, you can use Ctrl+S and then click to close the window.
You should now have everything you need to start accepting membership applications.